Saturday, February 13, 2010

¡Ay, que calor!

This came out in the newspaper the other day: "Temperatures in the country could reach historic levels"

Leon, which is in the country's hot zone, comes in at 39° C. That is equal to 102.2° F. A bit warm.

Therefore, I am trying to come up with survival strategies so I don't melt away. So far, all I've got is:

1) Hang out all afternoon in the room with A/C and fan.
2) Buy another A/C.
3) Take showers whenever possible. Unfortunately, this is limited to when there is running water, which is not guaranteed during the hottest part of the day. Therefore, I need to:
4) Buy a large water container to keep in the shower so I can take bucket showers.
5) Remove the shelves of the refrigerator so I can fit inside.
6) Harness the energy of the Washington, DC Snowball Fighters to launch a snow-filled missile to rain down on my house.
7) Hire a brilliant MIT engineer (interested, Amy B?) to design an air-conditioned bubble I can live and walk around town in. I'm sure it wouldn't draw too much attention.

Any other ideas for me?

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I prefer the fridge idea. I also have a neck band that you fill with water and helps a bit. Hoo boy am I in trouble in march, aren't I? :p

    ReplyDelete