Since everyone seemed so envious of my avocado, I thought I ought to do something else with one of them besides just eat them straight up (though I know that's what you all would do too!). So I found a recipe for "The Perfect Guacamole" and made a serving for Elder and myself. It *was* perfect! Those who know me well will realize that I did not include the serrano chiles in this recipe, since I have a low threshold for spiciness, but it was still so tasty! Mmm, there is something about that combination of avocado, lime, onion, cilantro and tomato. Delicioso! And easy too, what more could you ask for? Here's my masterpiece:
I've heard that if you have leftovers you should keep the avocado pit and stick it in the leftover guacamole before storing it in the fridge, because that way it will keep longer without turning brown. As I was scooping out the avocado, I briefly thought to myself, oh maybe I should keep the pit. And then I laughed at the thought. Ha! There will not be any leftovers from this, I quickly realized. And sure enough, we devoured it within a few minutes.
I've heard that if you have leftovers you should keep the avocado pit and stick it in the leftover guacamole before storing it in the fridge, because that way it will keep longer without turning brown. As I was scooping out the avocado, I briefly thought to myself, oh maybe I should keep the pit. And then I laughed at the thought. Ha! There will not be any leftovers from this, I quickly realized. And sure enough, we devoured it within a few minutes.
I made guacamole here with the huge advocados they have it. It was largely unappreciated bc in Brazil people eat advocado sweet.
ReplyDeleteSo, I made guac and the Brazilians made a sweet advocado milkshake. Needless to say, I could not stomach the thought of sweet advocado and did not drink the shake, and they pretended to like the guac - but did not ask for seconds!