And for the last stop on our U.S. tour... Brooklyn! On Saturday, July 31, Elder and I got to meet my precious little nephew, Silas Michael Eremic, the sweetest little baby boy ever. Here I am holding him in my arms for the first time.
And Elder holding him for the first time.
Elder then flew back to Nicaragua while I stayed on in Brooklyn for almost 2 weeks in the Eremic household. Lots of changing diapers, washing dishes, cooking dinner, and even a little steam mopping! Phew. Those Eremics wore me out.
But I did get to spend lots of quality time with this beautiful little toddler-girl. At the playground...
At the transit museum...


At the zoo...

And at home with her mama and wittwe bwata Siwas...

I also got to spend lots of wonderful time with this sweet dude. I didn't want to let him go when it was time to say goodbye!

And the timing worked out nicely for me to overlap with Pliny's mother Sarah's visit, as well as a few minutes overlap with the Goodwins' (Pliny's sister's family) - enough to say hello. Here's Sarah with her first grandson on her lap, looking like he's flying.

But eventually, it was time for me to say goodbye to the Brooklyn Eremics...

And hop a flight back to Nicaragua to be reunited with my love!
Our household is not exactly a vacation destination, but I am glad the company made up for the early mornings and unceasing toil. Miss you!
ReplyDelete