Saturday, April 9, 2011

And... we're back!

Ahh, Home Sweet Leon. After three months away, it feels really good to be back home.

But the question comes: So what do you do now that you've got no wedding or travels to plan? After all that planning and busy-ness dominating your life for several months, do you all of a sudden feel at a loss?

I'm happy to report that I don't at all. It just feels good - a relief to come back to "normal life." The other day, I found the makeshift wedding folder I'd kept during the planning stages. It had contracts and receipts and brochures and tons of pages of notes and to-do lists. As I looked through it, I thought to myself - thank GOD we are done with that. It was completely and totally worth all the effort, but I am so happy to be finished with that busy, slightly stressful stage of life and moving into a calmer period now of simply enjoying married life as newlyweds.

We've settled back into our home, and have been working on some much-needed home improvements such as a water tank so we can have running water all day, and screen-type shades to hang in the patio to block the intense afternoon sun.

We're also starting the process to apply for my residency which is quite the bureaucratic procedure, and involves multiple trips to Managua to various government buildings. Some aspects of the process have a bit of comic absurdity to them, so more to come on that fun-filled process.

I'll be consulting again with CGAP starting soon, and my plan is to work half-time with them and look for something worthwhile to do here in Leon with the other half of my time. I'm hoping to find something where I can really contribute as well as gain experience in program operations on the ground.

And finally, we've been slowly making the rounds to catch up with friends and family and of course, get to the beach to escape the heat.

So that's the update! I apologize (to the few blog readers still out there?) for the delay, but now we're getting back into the rhythm again. I hope you'll continue to join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment