Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Very (p)interesting...

Elder and I have been trying to spend a lot of time in the new house recently, dreaming, fantasizing, designing our dream home in our minds as we explore this new space of ours.

On our way back from the Granada trip a few weekends ago, we stopped in Masaya to buy two beautiful big hammocks for the new house. And we immediately set one up under the mango tree and started a new routine. On my way home from work, I meet Elder at the new house, and we look around talking about what we should put where, and then lie down in the hammock as we discuss our ideas.




We've also spent some time online looking for ideas, and I finally signed up for this site I'd heard about called Pinterest. It's a place where you can pull together a collection of images and ideas from the web and your own files to put together different "inspiration boards." I spent a couple days perusing and searching and got all excited about the pretty pictures I found that could give us ideas for our own house. So far I've created boards for the garden & patio area, master bedroom, bathrooms, entryway and the house in general.

If you're (p)interested, you can check out my page here to see what kind of inspiration has struck us... and you can also share any ideas or images of your own! Here are a couple of my favorites:









Doesn't that cat look like Leo??

No comments:

Post a Comment