Thursday, August 25, 2011

Elma Raquel

Elder and I have a new member of our household here in León. Her name is Elma Raquel and she is 12 years old. She adores Elder and follows him everywhere he goes, looking up at him with her big brown eyes and wagging her tail.


Elma Raquel was previously living at his mother's house, but Elder decided it was finally time for her to join us. She recently had an operation to remove a tumor, so needs some extra care and loving attention.

I have to admit that I was a little bit nervous about her moving in with us because I've never lived with a dog before. I grew up with cats and have always been a cat person.

But Elma is a sweetheart. She is very tranquila and just plops herself down on the floor near wherever Elder is in the house. When he's working at his computer, she is lying down against the wall near his desk. When he's sitting at the kitchen table, she is lying underneath it. When he's in our bedroom, she is lying in the hallway right outside.

So thus far, I'm enjoying our new company. And lucky Elder is now living with two women who adore him.

2 comments:

  1. She's pretty cute (for a dog ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Elma is adorable, and I'm so glad she's doing fine from the surgery. I wish I'd met her when I was there.

    ReplyDelete