Thursday, January 5, 2012

Holiday time - 1st stop, Florida

Though I usually like to get all my blog posts up in good old conventional chronological order, I decided to mix it up at the start of this year in order to get my New Year's posts out. Hoo boy, going crazy! So now, an update on our holiday-time trip to the States.

First stop was Florida! We had two full days to spend with my dear Nana, who is now 96 years old and still going strong. It was wonderful to get to spend time with her, as always, and the visit felt too short, as always. But we had a lovely time, including an outing for lunch at Dolphin View and a drive around her old haunts in Edgewater. We saw the old house on Thomas Street and stopped at the Dairy Queen on the way back for ice cream, at Nana's request.

I played a little guitar for her, and was almost pushed into performing for all of Countryside Lakes at dinnertime, but lucky for me, the manager wasn't there that day, and Nana didn't pursue it further. But I would like to do that for Nana on my next visit. I'll have to work on a little repertoire for her.



Here are the rest of the photos of that wonderful, short visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment