Sunday, January 29, 2012

Our favorite lagoon



This weekend, we decided to make a repeat trip of our visit to the enchanting Laguna de Apoyo last August.

Same people, same lake. But a few differences this time around.

First of all, Lucia is now pregnant with another little girl! In a couple months, 4-year-old Amelia should have a little sister named Andrea Lucia. She's due to be born right around Elder's birthday, so we should have much to celebrate come May. Second of all, little Mauricito can now walk! Thus requiring much more supervision, of course.

And third of all - the weather and the water were quite different. It was a bit cloudy and very windy this time around and that made the water very rough and wavy. But we still had a wonderful time with good friends in a beautiful spot on this earth.

Oh, and fourth difference - this time around, Elder and I had a totally cool underwater camera that we had lots of fun with! Thanks again, Dad. Here are some of my favorite pix:


As we drove down into the lagoon, I spotted some monkeys up in the trees! I'd heard them before, but this was the first time I actually saw monkeys there. Pretty cool. This monkey has some balls! Here's another monkey:



And some more monkeys:




And here is my absolute favorite picture - Amelia flying through the air:



And more photos here:

No comments:

Post a Comment