Over the past several months, we have become friends with a growing little community here in Leon. We have come together to support Felicity as she went through her pregnancy, birth and now taking care of little Maya. And once I shared with them the news about my mother, they have also come together for me. It has been wonderful and sweet to feel such support.
Brooke came over on Sunday and brought us a big casserole of baked macaroni & cheese, mmm... She didn't know that I have been somewhat addicted to the Kraft variety in the past, but this was much better. Plus there will be a bunch left over for Elder once I (his own personal chef) leave for Connecticut.

Another new friend, Stephanie, had us over for a lovely soup supper the other night (Elder was happy because there was bean soup!) and gave me this jar of beautiful flowers from her garden. I took this picture to show my Mom as well, since she would love them. She used to make flower arrangements and was a "master gardener" with a certificate from UConn and everything.

Then last night, Emma and company had us over for dinner (Elder was happy because there were beans!) and Emma made sure to give us a few of her big signature hugs. And many others have offered their support and sympathy.
It feels really lovely to be surrounded by such love and care, and I look forward to returning to this community later on, and giving back that same love and affection.
What a glorious community you have, Abs, I hope their light is reaching you from so far right now! Amy B.
ReplyDelete