On Saturday afternoon, Elder and I went to the beach. The water was perfect, not too rough and oh-so-satisfying to plunge into and feel embrace my body all around. We stayed in for awhile, and then as soon as we got out, we hied it over to La Peña del Tigre for the sunset. Besides el Fortin, where we went the afternoon I heard the news about my mother, this was the other place I had wanted to visit, to look out at the sea and the horizon and meditate.
La Peña del Tigre is a big outcropping of rocks which separates the two main beach areas near León - las Peñitas and Poneloya. On one set of rocks, there is a big cross in memory of those who have died in the dangerous waters and currents along these beaches. It is a beautiful and (usually) peaceful place.
While I sat and meditated, Elder took lots and lots of pictures. There were so many good ones, I thought I'd call it a "Meditation Series." Enjoy!
La Peña del Tigre is a big outcropping of rocks which separates the two main beach areas near León - las Peñitas and Poneloya. On one set of rocks, there is a big cross in memory of those who have died in the dangerous waters and currents along these beaches. It is a beautiful and (usually) peaceful place.
While I sat and meditated, Elder took lots and lots of pictures. There were so many good ones, I thought I'd call it a "Meditation Series." Enjoy!
My favorite is the third to last one, but wow, they're all glorious, and what an out-of-a-magazine spot for meditating. The ocean, especially rocky outcroppings like this, always help me feel at peace during troubled times. -Amy B.
ReplyDelete