Others have stopped by as well, and it is really nice to have this little community of well-wishing, concerned neighbors.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Neighbors & Flowers
Last week, our neighbor across the street, Linda, stopped by to visit with Mom and bring her some beautiful flowers. She said - and has always said - that my mom taught her to love flowers. My mom was always out in the garden planting something new, tending the flowers and plants, and making new flower arrangements. So, inspired by my mom, Linda brought over this very lovely arrangement:
And then a few days ago, another neighbor from down the street stopped by with some banana nut bread and some gorgeous full flowers, which I think were from her garden. She had heard about my mom's condition from other neighbors at the neighborhood block party a few weeks ago (which my parents unfortunately couldn't attend with everything going on). It was very sweet of her to come by.

Yesterday Pat K. stopped by to visit with my mom, and we got some of the latest gossip, er, news on my old high school teachers! Apparently my old chemistry teacher, Mr. Fast - who was *everyone's* favorite teacher, he was just awesome - finally got married in the past year to Ms. Ramsey, the guidance counselor, who was always really sweet and nice. They were an item for over 20 years, supposedly, and finally tied the knot! I enjoyed that bit of news, as I really liked both of them, so it sounds like a good couple to me.
Others have stopped by as well, and it is really nice to have this little community of well-wishing, concerned neighbors.
Others have stopped by as well, and it is really nice to have this little community of well-wishing, concerned neighbors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG, I'd heard they were a couple (shocker of shocks at the time) and I agree, I bet they make a great couple. And how cool that they finally married. Awesome. As are all the great neighbors with the beautiful flowers.
ReplyDelete